Posted 09.04.2012 06:42:02 UTC
Updated 09.04.2012 06:42:02 UTC
The international community is waiting for April 10 when the Syrian leader is supposed to pull out its troops from the cities to pave the way for a cease fire.
The Damascus administration in a bid to gain time has said that it is not going to withdraw the troops unless the opposition gives a written guarantee.
The Free Syria Army which said that at least one thousand people were killed last week alone has said it will declare a cease fire on April 10 even if the Al Assad troops do not withdraw .
In the meantime, a Syrian national TRT News has spoken to on the phone has claimed that the Al Assad regime is using chemical weapons to exterminate the opposition groups.
The spiraling violence has also drawn reaction from Kofi Annan, the UN and Arab League envoy to Syria.
Annan reminded the sides of the pledges made to him prior to April 10 and said the past one week's incidents could not be forgotten and were unacceptable and the promises made to him were not delivered either.
A statement made by the Syrian Foreign Ministry has revealed how justified the international community's concerns are.
The statement said Syria's pledges were misunderstood and there would be no troop withdrawal from the settlement centres until and unless the opposition made a similar pledge in written form.